Another year is coming to an end. It was a mixed year with great travel, many important lessons and meeting wonderful people. So here are our 12 photographs of our best travel stories of 2017.
The year always starts with Darjeeling and this year was no different! In addition, we also visited the offbeat destinations like Rangeroon, Mongpu, Latpanchar and Bunkulung. Read more about them:
- DARJEELING – A COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL GUIDE
- RANGAROON – A PLACE WHERE DARJEELING MEETS KANCHENJUNGHA
- MONGPU – REVISITING TAGORE
- BUNKULUNG–AN UNEXPLORED PARADISE
- LATPANCHAR – THE HOME OF HORNBILLS
We were simply bowled over by the sheer beauty and serenity of the place. Would love to go back there again. Read about our Hampi Travel Guide.
3. BASANTA UTSAV AT SHANTINIKETAN
It is a delight to be at Shantiniketan during this time. Read about our experience of Basanta Utsav at Shantiniketan.
4. NORTH SIKKIM
This was our trip of surprises. Snow at Yumthang Valley in April and the hidden destination of Dzongu. Nothing can get better! Read about our North Sikkim Stories:
- YUMTHANG VALLEY – THE VALLEY OF FLOWERS
- GURUDONGMAR LAKE -THE TALE OF SACRED LAKE & HIDDEN LAND
- TINVONG, DZONGU – A VILLAGE LOST IN TIME
- THINGS YOU WANTED TO KNOW BEFORE TRAVELLING TO SIKKIM
5. DIAMOND TRIANGLE, ODISHA
The trio of Ratnagiri-Udaygiri-Lalitgiri is a jewel of Buddhist heritage. Not known to many, this place is a must visit for all who seek to see the Buddhist heritage of India. Read about the Diamond Triangle stories.
6. SINGEE, WEST BENGAL
A small and beautiful village near Burdwan makes us say Wow! Get to know more about Singee.
The Big Temple or the Brihadeeswar Temple is one of the finest architectural delights of ancient India. Know about the Brihadeeswar Temple at Thanjavur.
8. CHITTAURGARH, RAJASTHAN
With all the hullabaloo going over #Padmavati movie, how can we not visit the beautiful Chittaurgarh. Blogpost coming soon.
9. WANGALA FESTIVAL, TURA, MEGHALAYA
This is one of the best experiences of 2017. The thanksgiving festival of the people of Garo Hills, Wangala Festival was a unique experience for us.
10. KONARK SUN TEMPLE
The Konark Sun Temple was another delightful experience this year. Read about our visit to the Konark Sun Temple at Odisha.
11. PUSHKAR CAMEL FAIR
This was something we wanted to witness for long and we did it this year. That was Amrita’s solo trip to Pushkar, Rajasthan.
12. WESTERN GHATS
Our introduction too the Western Ghats was amazing with the Kudremukh Trek and Baamikonda-Kalchukki Peak Trek.
- Agni has learnt a great deal about WordPress.
- Did our first Western Ghat trek and fell in love with it.
- Amrita travelled solo to a lot of places and is learning to do better photography.
- Learnt about work-life balance.
- Collaborated with explorArchi and joined a group of student in their architectural field trip. It was so good to see these young people wanting to travel and know about the heritage of the country. (Blogpost coming soon!)
- No Himalayan treks this year. 🙁
- Our Blog was down almost for 2 months. That is when we learnt a lot about WordPress.
Plans for 2018:
The plan flops invariably when we try to “plan” about it. So no plans, the bucket list is getting bigger and bigger! We would simply want to travel responsibly and help others too!
How was your travel experience for the year 2017? Have you got your travel calander for 2018…